Story: I was without insurance*
- In 2013 we decided to have my wife step away from permanent employment
and only work on a PRN basis, (i.e. as needed.)
This meant our family no longer qualified for health insurance.
- We sought out private policies that were similar, with much
headache and no success. Everything was
twice the cost, or not worth even having.
- I had heard about Christian Medical Bill Sharing services before,
but now I had a reason to look into them. I chose Samaritan’s Ministries.**
- Want to read the official info? Go to their website here. Even better to call them. I did, and I had lots of questions.
- For $405 a month my family of 3 joined Samaritan’s Minstries
in January of 2014.
- For 2014 we never had a need to submit. Any needs that total under $300 are not
shared with the membership. We paid the
few of those we had out of our own pocket.
- In 2015 I needed an MRI on my back. I thought, “Here we go, we’ll find out if
this is worth it or not.”
- I called to confirm my lower back pain was “covered.” It was.
No other tests required. Not
second opinion. No forms. The person on the phone prayed with me and sent
me the forms to fill out.
- I went to the doctors I wanted to. I received all my bills. I simply requested the best self pay (no
insurance) discount I could get. I
turned the bills and forms in.
- This included the doctor visits. The chiropractor visits. The hospital MRI. The physician fee for reading the MRI. The
- My out of pocket
expense was $0. Yup, you read that right,
zero dollars. No co-pay. Because the self-pay “adjustments”the health care providers offer as a discount to their “full charges” totaled morethan the $300, my out of pocket expense was $0.
- And handwritten notes with prayer on them! Literally.
- This is not insurance.
Read over all the info carefully.
Call them and ask any and every questions you have. (I did.)
Not everything is covered. Neither
is it with a typical insurance policy.
- Samaritan’s Ministries meets all the requirements of the
Affordable Care Act (i.e. ObamaCare). Click here for more info.
- I like the fact that I am only sharing medical expenses with
people who must meet Samaritan Ministries rather stringent qualifications of
living a Biblical Christian Faith. (i.e.
non smoker, non drinker, church attender, etc.)
- You pay your own medical bills. Other members send you reimbursements of those
expenses. It can take 60-90 days.
- I am pleased with my decision and in all my dealings with
- I found them to be very personal, friendly, and
knowledgeable. I have yet to come across
anyone I could even come close to describing as “pushy” or “uncaring.”
- If you think this might be something you would be interested
in, and you would like to ask me some questions, feel free to call me if you
know my number, or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- * If you join Samaritan’s Ministries, and if you list me as
the referring member, I will receive one time discount on my next month’s
membership fee. I hope you will list
me. But, if this bothers you, simply don’t
list me as the referring member.
- ** Crazy enough, it was the insurance agent that I was dealing
with who told me about it, as he was a member, as he could not qualify due to health
reasons for the insurance he was selling!