Yesterday was a full day at the church with an outdoor water baptism service at the park, a picnic, and a golf tournament.
Weather was amazing, attendance was great, and I actually won the golf tournament!
Highlight is the Water Baptism Service. Quick thoughts:
So cool to . . .
- . . . baptize a daughter when you can remember baptizing their parents.
- . . . baptize an adult son whose dad is your biggest supporter and a board member.
- . . . hear the testimonies/thank you’s of those being baptized.
- . . . see the pics of family members waiting to hug them afterwards.
- . . . witness the fruit of seeds our church had sown years ago.
- . . . realize that their faith is in Christ, their thanks is to those who invited them, and I get to be a close observer.