When you hand out (with a bunch of great volunteers) 2,500 bottles of water in a span of about 30 hours you meet a lot of people.
Some were in town for a day, some have lived here for their entire life. Many I know casually after living in town for 10 years.
Other’s that I hopefully expect will be people that will someday make a decision to visit our church.
Here are some of the people I met, and had the chance to sow seed into their lives:
- Single people who 3-4 years ago were married
- People who used to attend our church and moved
- Kids I coached in soccer teams
- A church planting pastor from Colorado
- People who used to attend our church and left on less than good terms
- Tino, a t-shirt vendor who used to go to an AG church in Florida, now living in KC
- A great neighbor who visited our church and is serving God at another local church
- People in wheelchairs my wife knows as patients
- Parents who don’t attend our church who have teens who attend the church
- Many who had enjoyed too much adult beverage and needed some water