Book Review: 27 Tough Questions Pastors Ask

For those who know me, they know that I like free stuff.  So when someone offers me a free book if I will blog about it, consider it done.

HardyCoverWhen that book is about something I am passionate about, and consider myself rather good at, (i.e. church administration), I am ready to dive in.

27 Tough Questions Pastors Ask: Everything But Preaching is a direct conversation from author Dick Hardy, www.thehardygroup.org, to every coachable pastor.

Some of the 27 Tough Questions include: 

  1. Do numbers really matter to God?
  2. What can we do to improve first first contact in our church
  3. I’d like to use another church’s program, can I do that?

Written as a tightly worded executive summary, no time is wasted with back and forth philosophies and possibilities. “Here is what to do when _______ happens.” 

I find myself wanting to rip some chapters out of the book and hand them to key staff and people in the congregation I pastor.

Perhaps I should buy a few more copies at Amazon or www.thehardygroup.org.