I am sitting in my office as the last people who attended a funeral service I just performed are saying their goodbyes. A sudden death of a 74 year old man who looked in amazing health, Don Stewart.
After hearing many family members are friends speak, all good things about Don, hear are some random thoughts:
- Never underestimate the influence you had on your children.
- Good deeds are not quickly forgotten.
- We don’t know how long we have, say what needs to be said, soon.
- If you want lots of friends at your funeral, invest in people.
- Good choices have long lasting impact.
- The deceased has a major influence on the funeral service.
- When people talk about your strengths, it is a good thing for it too last a while.