Our church just ended a 21 day emphasis on Prayer and Fasting. I challenged everyone to stretch, and for me that meant attempting a 7 day fast. My previous longest fast had been a 4 day fast.
Below are a few thing I learned, or re-learned through this time.
- The majority of my eating has nothing to do with being hungry.
- There are more food commercials, online ads than you think.
- Fasting doesn’t force God to do to a thing.
- I have become a consumer of food, and not an enjoyer of food, and that might be gluttony.
- People are capable of much more than they think.
- More people will go farther and deeper when there is synergy and public commitment with each other.
- I have no regrets about any meal that I missed.
- There are no regrets when the fast is done.
- 10 pounds. Weight lost.
- Wendy’s baked potato. What I “broke-fast” with.