As we look back on 2009, we realize that without the grace and salvation from our Savior Jesus Christ, we would have nothing. Without great friends and family, we would have even less.
We look forward to connecting with you (in person, Facebook, etc.) somehow someway in 2010.
Lehman’s Top Events of 2009
- Sarah was a maid of honor, at her mother’s wedding. She married after 6 years of widowhood. Mark performed the wedding and had the hardest time calling his mother-in-law by her first name. Welcome to the family, Doyle!
- Mark shaved off the goatee that had been around for over 10 years. Kept the soul patch.
- Said goodbye to Thuan, the Vietnamese student, in June. He is now living with an Uncle in the Southern California area and attending college.
- After 9 years of serving the church in Pittsburg Mark took a one month sabbatical in July.
- Mark successfully contracted a staph infection 4 days into his one month sabbatical.
- We celebrated 19 years of marriage at the Chateau Avalon in Kansas City on July 28.
- We all visited Washington DC in September, postponed from July. Best trip of our lives.
- President Obama celebrated Conner’s 11th birthday on September 24 by allowing him to visit the White House.
- We discovered Facebook late December 2008 and have loved reconnecting.
- Mark and Sarah went, along with great staff, to the Catalyst conference in Atlanta in Oct.
- The church we serve, www.flagchurch.com, is still growing, about 10% this year. We hired amazing new staff, opened an 1800 square foot kids facility, and doubled our land in 2009.
We blog weekly, many of the items above have been communicated in greater detail, with pictures and video at: www.markandsarahlehman.blogspot.com.
It is our hope and prayer that each of you grow in the knowledge and depth of love of our Savior Jesus Christ, whose birth gave us freedom from sin, purpose for living and hope of a future.
Mark, Sarah, and Conner
1511 South College – Pittsburg, KS – 66762 – 620-249-3035
email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com