DC and Turning 43

Lehmans - Lincoln

It has been a most amazing week.  We still have a day left in DC and have done/seen everything we have set out to visit. 

I have learned from many great people this week.  Powerful impressions on my heart and mind.  Washington and Lincoln rank the highest. 

Washington’s willingness to walk away from, and not be seduced with power, was a highly necessary foundation.

Lincoln’s internal compass dictated what he fought for, who he fought, and how he treated his captive enemies.  He seems even taller than his monument.

I turn 43 tomorrow.  I wonder what will be mined from my life after my passing.  Neither Monument nor Memorial will be raised, but a young, currently 11 year old, boy will likely attend my funeral.

May I leave a positive and powerful impression on him.