A New Experience - A Pastor's Retirement

I am in for a new experience this Sunday as I attend my former pastor's retirement/resignation ceremony/service.

What do you call it? Pastor Woods has been serving at Bethel for close to 25 years. He will no longer be a "Senior Pastor," although I have heard that he may be interested in being an interim pastor for churches going through transitions. So is it a retirement, a resignation, both? It is surely a farewell.

Sarah and I were youth pastors there from 1994-2000. I learned so much. I filmed a video to honor Pastor Woods a few weeks ago in our service. You can view the video here.

I also wrote and will be giving him a short little, "Why I Am Thankful For You" note. You can read that here.

Take time to honor those who have influenced you. You won't regret it.