We just got our Christmas cards mailed off. I know, pathetic, but they didn't arrive until December 26th. Hint - Winkflash is not the fastest for shipping.
Below is our Christmas letter and photo. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Merry Christmas 2008
We hope you consider this greeting not as belated but as a holiday extended! We also hope this finds you catching up on some much needed rest after the hustle and bustle of the season.
We won’t bore you with details of our year in review, you can successfully bore yourself at our blog: www.markandsarahlehman.blogspot.com should you desire a week by week review of our lives.
But, alas, I must at least compose a top ten of our year’s events.
• Sarah turned 40 in the best way imaginable: watching KU play in Big XII tourney at the Sprint Center –then evidentially win!
• Then, of course, just a few weeks later, watch them cut down the nets of the National Championship—albeit on TV that time.
• We invited a Vietnamese student into our home for the school year. Thuan is a great fit into our family and a passionate follower of Jesus Christ.
• We became debt free except for our mortgage and aim to stay that way. No Mini-Cooper for Mark for a while.
• Mark attended the Catalyst Conference in October and was WOWED by each speaker—taking Sarah next year!
• Conner turned the big 1-0! Loving this stage of his life!
• Mark and Conner traveled to Ohio to spend time with Mark’s parents.
• Mark and Sarah celebrated 18 years of marriage. Thanks to movies like Fireproof and books like Love Dare, each year gets sweeter and sweeter. An absolute must see/read for married couples!
• In December, we plunged into the 21st century by signing up on Facebook. Add us to your friends list so we can catch up with you!
• We started our search for the next staff pastor, bought land twice and are renovating a modular building to add much needed space at the church as the congregation continues to grow.
It is our hope and prayer that each of you grow in the knowledge and depth of love of our Savior Jesus Christ, whose birth gave us freedom from sin, purpose for living and hope of a future.
Mark, Sarah, Conner and Thuan
1511 South College – Pittsburg, KS – 66762 – 620-232-3797